Women’s Campaign International works with highly motivated individuals excited about transforming the world. Our internship program is designed to provide undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates with a unique opportunity to develop both hard and soft skills in a friendly, trauma-informed, and multicultural environment.
Marketing and Communications Internship
Working in emerging democracies and post-conflict regions around the world, Women's Campaign International advances opportunities for women to actively participate in public advocacy, market and political processes. In providing the requisite skills, knowledge and culturally-sensitive support, we develop leaders who transform the lives of everyone they serve.
Position: Women’s Campaign International seeks a creative, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts, with a strong focus on social media and storytelling. This position is part-time and requires at least 12 hours per week. This is a paid position.
• Create content and manage posting on WCI’s social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
• Draft and design eNewsletters
• Update WCI’s website content when needed
• Collaborate with WCI and staff Storytelling Working Group on new ideas and directions for marketing and communications
Responsibilities will be focused 30% on general WCI initiatives and presence and 70% on promoting our “Reducing Adolescent Pregnancy (RAP) in the Era of COVID-19” initiative.
Preferred skills, interests and experience include:
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space (Trello, Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Completed or working toward a college degree in a related field (e.g., Marketing/Communications, English, Graphic Design, or Public Relations)
• Proficiency in Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign preferred
• Experience in wireframing and website design preferred
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills, including ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks
• An effective communicator, both written and oral and an ability to communicate in a professional manner with internal stakeholders and community contacts
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications preferred
• Enthusiasm for the mission of Women’s Campaign International and the communities we work with
• An understanding of social justice and a sensitivity to the reality marginalized individuals and communities face
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Brynn MacDougall, Director of Programs and Operations
Stay up to date on WCI’s work and how your support makes a difference.